Feature Demo, Initial Setup
Feature Demo, Initial Setup How to Manage Permissions with Roles
AuthAnvil on-Demand uses built-in user roles that let you control how your users access data and critical business systems. A role is a logical grouping of people by their function, either in the organization or in their dealings with AuthAnvil.
One user may have multiple roles, and a role can have multiple users as part of it. You may have several roles for different departments, access levels, or logical groupings. For example, there are roles for sales, marketing, accounting, HR. When someone new is brought on and given this role, they’re granted the basic permissions that anyone in their department should have.
The built-in roles are as follows:
- Administrator has full read and write access to all AuthAnvil portal features.
- Directory Manager can add, update, and delete users, groups, and organizations.
- License Manager can provision licenses, assign seats, and change license types.
- Read-only Directory Manager can view users, groups, and organizations.
- Security Auditor can edit and deploy agents and view logs.
- User can view their own profile.