Feature Demo, Initial setup
Feature Demo, Initial Setup Create a Group
AuthAnvil On-Demand lets you group users by privilege and role. You can arrange groups individually, or you can create hierarchies of groups so that child groups inherit from parent groups.
This article shows you how to create a group, to add users to a group, and how to create a parent/child group.
How to Create a Group
- Log in to your AuthAnvil portal.
- Select Directory Manager from the left-hand navigation menu. The All Groups window opens.
- Select Groups under Directory Manager.
- Click the green plus sign () in the lower-right corner of the All Groups window. The Create New Group Panel opens.
- Add a name for your group and click “Add Group.” The group you just created is now included in the All Groups list.
Now you can add a member to the group you just created.
- Select the check box next to the group.
- Click on the three dots in the right-hand margin and select Edit from the drop-down menu.
- Click the green plus sign. The buttons for Add Users to Group ( ) and Add Groups to Group ( ) appear.
- Select Add Users to Group. The Users panel opens.
- Select the users you wish to add or choose Select All.
Now you can create a parent group and add the group you just created to it.
- Create another group, as shown above.
- Select the group you just created from the All Groups window.
- Click the three dots in the right-hand column and select Edit from the drop-down menu.
- Click the green plus sign.
- Select the Add Groups to Group ( ) button.
- Select the group you wish to add and click Add Groups. Note that the Group Information panel now shows the containing group.